Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musician Jay-Z has publicly stated that he is an Arsenal fan
Music star Jay-Z is reportedly plotting a takeover of Tottenham Hotspur, with current Spurs owner Joe Lewis accused of insider trading. If convicted, he will be forced to relinquish his ownership of the club under Premier League rules.
[Image: vfm-thumb.php?thumb=dXBsb2Fkcy8wMDUvRmdT...5qcGc=&y=1]
The American rapper has previously expressed interest in investing in a Premier League club. In a 2010 interview, he said: "I don't know much about the soccer business, but if the right opportunity comes up in the future, I might get involved. I'm a businessman and I'm always going to look for opportunities and it would be great if it worked out."

In an interview with Arsenal Magazine in 2010, he said:- "The media first reported that I was a Manchester City fan and I'm happy to come and clear it all up, everyone in the UK knows I'm an Arsenal fan. I will be more than happy to welcome Arsenal fans to my next concert in London."

Jay-Z seems to be ready to buy Tottenham Hotspur, according to one of the rapper's sidekick:- "Some of the top clubs in the UK such as Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are now under the control of the Americans and with Tottenham Hotspur's global reach Jay-Z would love to buy Tottenham Hotspur and he wants to take this opportunity.Jay-Z has said that if he feels the the price is right, he will act quickly."
Of course, Jay-Z's chances of a purchase will depend on the sentencing in the Lewis case. Lewis has 16 counts of security fraud and three counts of conspiracy against his name, which occurred between 2013 and 2021. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and was granted bail.