Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 reasons why Australia's women's soccer team can win the World Cup
With the semi-finals approaching, the Australian women's soccer team, which has already recorded the best World Cup record in its history, is just one step away from making history again as it heads towards the final. With the big game on the horizon, FIFA's official website lists five reasons why one of the hosts, Australia, has a chance to realize the highest dream in women's soccer. In Australia, soccer has always had to compete with other sports (like cricket) for space and attention, but now it seems that the Australian people have truly fallen in love with this beautiful sport and their team.
[Image: vfm-thumb.php?thumb=dXBsb2Fkcy9sdnpob25n...0uanBn&y=1]
"The Kangaroos women's soccer team has gained the support of the entire nation, from being called "not a real soccer nation" to filling stadiums and fan parks and creating the most hostile atmosphere for visiting teams, Australians can be seen everywhere! cheering on their national women's soccer team, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold told FIFA cameras after the semi-final penalty shootout win: "I can't even put into words what it feels like to have all the Australian people as our 12th man in the game. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, especially tonight, it's a dream come true. I'm proud to be an Australian."